2. Personal Information We Collect
3. How We Use Your Information
4. How We Disclose Your Information
5. Your Privacy Choices and Rights
6. Security of Your Information
7. International Data Transfers
8. Retention of Personal Information
9. Supplemental Notice for Nevada Residents
10. Children's Information
11. Other Provisions
12. Contact Us
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Skiff’s highest priority is to safeguard the privacy of the users on our platform. While you are on our platform, we collect only a minimal amount of data needed to provide you with our services. However, we may collect additional types of information when you visit our website or communicate with us via other channels, such as email or social media. We explain the types information we collect in each of these mediums below.
A. Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect the following information that you provide to us.
• Account Creation. We may collect information when you create an account, such as your email address and username. When setting up your account, you may optionally also provide your real name, and your interest in Skiff. Note that although you provide login credentials to access the Service, we do not store your plain-text password on our servers.
• Purchases. We may collect information and details associated with your purchases, including payment information collected by our third-party payment processors (e.g., Stripe) on our behalf. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information, but may receive billing address or other non-sensitive information associated with your payment card from our third-party processors.
• Interactive Features. We collect information you choose to share through our interactive features (e.g., content sharing, messaging and chat features, commenting functionalities, etc.). Any information you provide using the sharing features of the Services ( “User Content”) will be accessible to us and other users you share with.
• Your Communications with Us. We may collect information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter or loyalty program, request customer or technical support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
• Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys about our Services. If you decide to participate, some surveys may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
• Sweepstakes or Contests. We may collect information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of sweepstakes and contest winners.
• Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend conferences, trade shows, and other events.
• Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect information about you from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
• Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
B. Information Collected Automatically Website. We may collect certain information automatically when you visit areas of our website outside of our platform:
• Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, browser or device information, general location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
• Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services and tools that are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
• Performance-Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services (see Analytics below);
• Functionality-Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences;
See “Your Privacy Choices” below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
Platform: We collect only IP addresses on our platform. We collect this information through operationally necessary tracking technology in order to provide you with our services and keep our platform secure.
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available, consistent with your privacy settings.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Information collected through the platform: As noted above, we use the limited information collected from you while you are on our platform only to provide you with our services. We do not have access to the content you upload to Skiff, and therefore do not make any use of the information contained in that content.
Other information: We use the information we collect from you through our website and other off-platform channels for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
A. Administering Our Services
We use information collected off-platform for administrative purposes, such as:
• Administering your account;
• Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our website;
• Answering requests for customer or technical support;
• Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
• Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
• Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services; and
• Allowing you to register for events.
B. Operational Purposes
We use your information to operate our business, such as:
• Preventing and detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
• Measuring and analyzing interest and engagement in our Services;
• Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
• Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
• Developing new products and Services;
• Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
• Authenticating and verifying individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy;
• Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
• Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities;
• Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
• Complying with our legal obligations.
C. Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
We may use information to market and advertise our products to you. Some of the ways we market to you include email campaigns and custom audiences advertising. You can opt out of direct email marketing messages from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” button included in the footer of the emails we send you. For more choices about use of tracking technologies for advertising, please see “Your Privacy Choices” below.
D. Other Purposes
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
• Consent. We may use your information for other purposes with your explicit consent.
• De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information. We may use such aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose, and such information is not subject to the limitations set forth in this Policy.
• Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g., relative, friend neighbor, or co-worker).
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose your information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
A. Disclosures to Provide our Services
The content you upload to Skiff is stored in encrypted form in a secure cloud database hosted by AWS. We do not share user content with any other third party.
We may share other information we collect with other third parties, as follows:
• Service Providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
• Business Partners. We may share your information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
• Advertising Partners. We may share information we collect via the Tracking Technologies described in Section 2(B) above with advertising partners in order to help us market and advertise our Services.
• Other Users. As described above in “Personal Information We Collect,” our Services allow you to share your profile and/or User Content with other Users.
B. Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity. Please note, however, that we do not have the ability to decrypt content uploaded to our platform.
C. Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
5. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
• “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
• Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
• Requests Regarding Your Personal Information. If you would like to request access to a copy of your personal information, or request correction or deletion of your information, please email us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using our Services or providing information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we are required to notify you of a security incident, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
10. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 18 , and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has uploaded personal information to our site without your consent, you may contact us as described in “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account if applicable.
11. OTHER PROVISIONS
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
12. CONTACT US