Skiff Acceptable Use Policy
We launched Skiff to make privacy the default for online collaboration. We’re committed to making our platform safe, secure, and welcoming. To realize this vision, we need your help. This document outlines some common-sense rules all users must adhere to during their time on Skiff. You can see our full Terms of Service here.
Using Skiff Appropriately
You may not use our Site or the Services (each as defined in our Terms of Service), or enable anyone else to use the Site or the Services, in a manner that:
• violates or infringes someone else’s rights of privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right
• is illegal, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful, defamatory, obscene, or instigate or encourage conduct that would be illegal, or otherwise inappropriate, including promoting violent crimes or encouraging or supporting the coordination of violent or harmful acts (including, for example, through encouraging or advocating for any form of self-harm);
• endangers or threatens to endanger the safety or well-being of any individual;
• bullies, abuses, intimidates, harasses, or defames any one or more Skiff users or other individuals or groups of individuals;
• collects or shares, or enables the collection or sharing, of any personal information without consent, including contact information, addresses, or payment information;
• interferes with the integrity or performance of the Site or the Services, or with the work or privacy of other users, whether by use of malicious code, unauthorized access, the creation of inauthentic accounts, or otherwise;
• scrapes content hosted on our Site or through the Services without prior Skiff’s prior written authorization;
• create accounts to access our Services through unauthorized or automated means;
• results in spamming, phishing, or any other means of “tricking” users into sharing, becoming a collaborator on, or changing the permissions for any document or resource;
You also may not use Skiff’s Site or Services if you are:
• a member of a criminal or terrorist organizations or any individual or group that provides support or resources to such organizations; or
• a child under the age of 13.
Keeping Our Users Safe
Skiff takes enforcement of the standards of conduct outlined above very seriously. Should violations of any of the standards come to our attention, we may take action to limit or remove offending users or content. If you ever feel unsafe on the platform, or believe that another user is abusing their privileges, you can report any relevant behavior or content to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the in-app reporting and feedback process.